- Pays:Iran (République islamique d')
- Numéro du site:43
- Superficie:1'200 ha
- Date d’inscription:23-06-1975
- Coordonnées:36°57'N 45°30'E
Lake Kobi. 23/06/75; Azarbayjan-e Gharbi; 1,200 ha; 36°57'N 045°30'E. A freshwater lake with associated areas of seasonally flooded marshland, lying in a closed, high altitude basin and fed by rainfall and runoff. Supports abundant aquatic vegetation, including reedbeds and grassland. The lake is important for breeding, staging and wintering waterbirds; and supports several nesting species. The wetland is surrounded by rolling steppe hills, with scattered human settlements and cultivation. Ramsar site no. 43. Most recent RIS information: 1997.
- Inscription légale nationale:
- Date de dernière publication:01-01-1997